"I don't like you."
"who the hell likes you?!"
and she walked off.
One day. One day i will hack her to tiny little pieces and stand and laugh. and i will be the happiest person alive. That nauseating; suffering idiot will have died and i could then live my life in peace.
yes, i hate her. and you probably are right now going: wha-?
So i will tell you everything. starting with that floating piece of fluff's name.
her name is namrata.
we're family friends.
now we study together.
she detests me.
i hate her with a passion i never knew i possessed.
but why?
one asks us, quite often.
why?
because that foolface is my best friend. and no one infuriates me more.
                   *
jackass. jackass. such a jackass!
what the hell! I gets the highest mark, he fails. and it is my fault?!
oh yes, because i study. and i'm supposedly a "floating piece of fluff".
jackass!!!!!
who?
arjun.
family friend and now "best friend". (begrudgingly. we were labelled that. i don't believe it)
jackass!
i hate him.
                  *
*22:15*
*doorbell*
"who is it?"
"how am i supposed to know ma? i'm not yoda!"
"stop being smart with me and go open the door."

"what are you doing here?"
"yes, hi to you too. my mum's weeping here; mind letting us in?"
"aunty? what happened? ma! neerja aunty is here! and.... and.. she's crying..."
"yeah, well, thats what you get for fighting with dad. might as well get a divorce now. he's not letting us back in."
"arjun!" Namrata and her mum chorused.
"let's go jackass; you need to cool off."
                          *
*the taj coffee shop; 23:00 *
"whaT IS it with you? why the fuck are you such a jackass. she's really upset and instead of comforting her; you whale on her?!"
"you dontknow ANYTHING! i have to live with this bullshit everyday of my life. hear them argue and call each other names. im fucking 20 yrs old and this is what i have to show for my heritage; choicest abuses my parents hurl at each other. just because you have the perfect family, doesn't mean i do too. you knew us five years ago. a lot has changed. they sign papers every weekend. and then decide to stay together for "my" sake. fuck it. let them just be done with each other and i'll be happy."
"i'm not saying it's easy or right. but sometimes you just have to live with it. Didn't i have to? You fucking still get on my nerves. but i talk to you don't i?"
"oh and that is supposed to magically make me feel better? you? your presence in my life? when you hurl abuses at me? or when you call me a retard? or maybe it is when i come to you at ten in the night and you call me a jackass?"
"you are a jackass. and self assuming. and flirt with anything that moves. but i talk to you don't i?"
"you think too much of yourself, you're fat and you think everybody except you is lame. but i still find excuses to talk to you everyday don't i?"
                          *
"so, what do i do?"
"umm... i don't even know you."
Aargh, this is why you need your best friend some days.and can't have him. because he's the one who sneakingly said something that you can't understand.
"my name is namrata. we met half an hour ago and i'm now asking you for advice."
"you're creeping me out. bye."
"ahahahaahahahahahahaaha"
a very familiar voice was laughing behind me.
"jackass."
"so, advice huh? and you decide to ask neelanjana ghosh?"
"who?"
"the girl you just creeped out."
"so now you eavesdrop too? way to go! a round of applause there for you!"
"and you couldn't ask me why?"
"ask you what?"
"what i said to you the other night idjat. you can just ask me, why i said that."
"because.... i don't know. why?"
"why what?"
"why did you say that you jackass?!"
"because i like you. atleast i think i do. when i don't hate you. when you don't get on my nerves. or claim to know more than me. or decide to instruct me on books when i clearly read more than you. or go on and on about united-"
"i don't understand; are you trying to explain why you like me. or are you trying to get me to kill you?"
"shut up and stop interrupting me. I like you despite all of that. despite the fact that you're a floating piece of fluff. and you annoy me. and that you claim to be the only person who knows me, but you haven't realised that i've been in love with you for three years now."
"whaa-"
...
"that's your response? an unintelligible sound?"
"but... but...."
"right. now that i'm done embarassing myself, i'm gonna go."
                *
*ten minutes later-the cafeteria*
"arjun?! ARJUN!"
"i'm right behind you."
"i like you too."
"oh good. saved me some heartache there."
"that's all you got to say?! i just pured out my feelings to you-"
"no, what i did was pour my heart out. you said three words. and they weren't even the right three words!"
"well, you're the writer! i'm just the girl you like."
"oh.my.god."
               *
I'd like to say we lived happily ever after, but we didn't. We fight everyday. But I love that floating piece of fluff. and always will, i guess.



Comments

  1. EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I demand more mush. Ill pay you no problem. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good. Now Ham's going to pay you to write more mush. I'm settled for life. This was so EFFING CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

pearls of wisdom

Popular posts from this blog

the perfect evening

Because I can't sing an angst-filled rock ballad and make people fall in love with me