Some say you should fall. They say that when you fall, you may die. But maybe, just maybe, you will fly.
So I tried. I fell and I fell and I fell. I broke my bones, my heart and my spirit. I fell repeatedly till one day there was nothing else to break. And I fell one last time. That day I flew. 
I saw myself, lying down, broken and I smiled. Because that was no longer me. I saw my life. I saw my love, my heart and all it's pain. I saw my familiar worries and suddenly they didn't matter anymore. I saw the things that mattered most to me and there was nothing. I saw the love of my life. And suddenly he didn't matter anymore either. I went higher and higher till I saw nothing else. I flew that day. I soared and that was the best experience of my life.
I came back. I came back to my life,  my love, my heart and it's pain. but it's okay. I fell and I fell and I fell. I broke my bones, my heart and my spirit till one day there was nothing else to break. And that day I flew. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the perfect evening

Because I can't sing an angst-filled rock ballad and make people fall in love with me