*1987*
"i can't believe we're pregnant together. I can't believe we're having our babies together!"
"yes! best friends forever."
"that will always be a lame term nitya.""i know. can't help it. it makes me laugh every single time pooja!"
        *
*1991*
"cake!"
"hold on vaibhav! it's not going to materialize itself!"
"CAKE!CAKE!CAKE!"
"VAIBHAV, AHANA. Stop it both of you!"
"but we waaaaant caaaake!"

"why did we ever have kids pooja? our lives were so much easier."
"i know. i know. don't remind me."
        *
*1999*
"mum, could you hurry up?! I have to go!"
"ahana. you're not going to paris. you're going for ice cream with vaibhav. will you relax?!"
"but muuuum! He's buying me ice cream! for the first time in so many years! and we get to go without you AND aunty! it IS a big deal!"
"oh my. i feel so loved. thanks hon."
"muuuuuum; can we pleeeaaaassse go?!"
"fine, fine, let's go."
...
"look at them pooja; your son and my daughter; who would have thought?"
"as if; nitya; you've been planning this for years. You want to foist your daughter on me and be free."
"guilty", she laughed
              *
*2004*
"okay now slowly, come down the staircase."
"aww mum-"
"shut up; i get to do this only once!"
"but i'm not even the girl; focus on her!"
"ahana hold his hand, yes, through his arm, yes there! stop right there!"
"this is so embarassing. why did i ever agree to go with you?"
"i'm sexy."
"oh shut up-"
"and because i'm the only boy your mum will ever let you see in a social gathering she is not present at."
"stop learning her dialogues. i'm going to start ignoring you too then."
"awwwww. look at them"
"PLEASE let's get out of here. our mothers are going to start taking a video next."
"already done. It's your prom; we weren't going to miss it!"
                *
*2005*
*sound of pellets on the windowpane*
"good job there, two more minutes and you'd have woken up the whole neighbourhood."
"well why didn't you come out?"
"i was on the phone with arjun."
"do you realise how late it is? why would talk to an unknown boy at 10 in the night?"
"umm... hello... you're outside my window right now. and, i happen to like arjun. He's funny. and doesn't tell me to become a granny."
"ahana, that boy is no good, i would know!"
"vaibhav you're just jealous that i'm not in love with you but someone else!"
[sputtering]"that's ridiculous!"
"really? then why are you outside my window?"
"i wanted to talk to you. and your phone was busy."
"goodnight vaibhav; i'm going to go dream sweet dreams of arjuuun!"
[snickering]
[arjun walks off muttering to himself]
                 *
*2006*
"i can't believe he would do THAT?! suck a fuckwit!"
"vaibhav calm down. i broke up with him remember?"
"that absolute FUCKWIT! how dare he cheat on you?!"
"but you only said he was no good for me remember? so let's say good riddance and stop talking about-"
"i'm going to kill him. i swear to god i will!"
"vaibhav CALM DOWN!"
"I WILL KILL HIM!"
                *
*2007*
"the big 2-0. excited?"
"are you kidding me? i feel old. i'm so old. i'm going to die all alone."
"stop being such a girl vaibhav!"
"heeheehee"
....
"listen.."
"yeah?"
"i was wondering... i'm a little sloshed now... you're more than a little sloshed.... and this is the best time to ask you."
"ashk me whaaat?"
"will you go out with me?"
"huh?"
                 *
*2008*
"why did i ever agree to date you?"
"i'm sexy."
"you have to stop saying that. saying it won't make it true you know."
"well then, because i'm smart and funny and the only person who really knows you!"
" so does my mum. and your mum."
"eh, you want to date my mum? why  didn't you tell me?!"
"IDJAT!"
...
"why did you agree to date me?"
"because."
"because what?"
"just. because."
             *
*2009*
"so. i wanted to ask you something."
"this is a very important part. do you mind?"
"you PAUSED IT?! VAIBHAV!!!"
"oh my god you make living with you SO difficult! i can't believe i'm going to ask you this. but still-
Will you marry me?"
             *
"vaibhav, do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
"no."
"NO?! YOU ASSHOLE-"
"not yet i mean. i have a question which you haven't answered yet ahana."
"what?"
"why? why did you agree to date me? and then marry me?"
"fool. because i love you. quite obvious don't you think? i'm marrying your face!"
"i knew i shouldn't have asked."
"yes you shouldn't have."
"so.. umm... is it  yes now?"
"huh? oh! yeah! it's a yes!"
...
"look at that nitya, our children getting married. Who would have thought?"
[looking at each other, they burst out laughing]
"both of us!"

Comments

  1. *writes plea to God to let Avi write my love life*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate you dude. I really HATE you SO FRIKKIN MUCH I AM NOT EVEN KIDDING YOU. I want to CRY NOW :'((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

    why why WHY WHY WWWHYYYYYYYYYYY DO THESE PEOPLE NOT EXIST!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WAS WAY TOO CUTE AND NOW I'M JUST DEPRESSED IN LIFE!!!!

    I DON'T EVEN WANT A LOVE STORY AND I WANT THIS ONE!!!

    THIS IS SO UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

pearls of wisdom

Popular posts from this blog

the perfect evening

Because I can't sing an angst-filled rock ballad and make people fall in love with me